Thursday, November 9, 2017

Baked Corn Dog Bites with Jiffy

My husband and I were reminiscing about our childhood and both talked about how much we loved eating corn dogs! We however are trying to eat a bit more healthy and decided to look up how to make our own corn dogs at home. I found on Pinterest how to make these little corn dog bites using only a Jiffy corn bread mix, and thought score! I tweaked the recipe a bit, but they ended up pretty good (if you like corn bread)

So here's the recipe:
1 box of Jiffy Cornbread mix (make as instructed)
-1 egg
-1/3 cup of milk
1 tsp of honey

First pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and make the Jiffy mix in a bowl stirring in the egg and milk. Take about 3-4 hot dogs and cut into about 5-6 pieces. This part you really can change depending if you want just one slice of hot dog, or several small or big slices of hot dog in your cornbread muffin (I put 2 or three slices of hot dog, but I wish I put more!). Then take a cookie scoop and scoop and plop the mix into a *very* greased muffin tin filling each tin no more than half way. Then push in one or a few pieces of hot dog and bake for 10 min. That's it! They are great for bringing to parties or just serving as a snack, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment