Monday, November 13, 2017

No Fail Taco Soup

Taco soup is one of my absolute favorite recipes to make! It is a dump, crock pot and prep meal that is hard to mess up. Here's a basic recipe that you can follow with some of my substitutions and suggestions, you can really add in more of one kind of beans or tomato soup depending on your preference.
1 can of drained black beans
1 can of drained kidney beans (I used red kidney beans)
1 can of drained corn
1 can of green chilies
1 can of crushed tomatoes
1-2 pounds of cooked ground beef (I use turkey)
1 can of tomato soup and 1 can of water OR 1-2 cups of chicken broth
I package of taco seasoning
1/2-1 package of ranch seasoning

Dump this all into a crock pot on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. Enjoy with cheese, sour cream and either crushed tortilla chips or Fritos. To expand the recipe simply add one more can of beans or cup of water or crushed tomatoes. I froze a batch I made and it reheats wonderfully on low either in the crock pot or pot over on the stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment