Thursday, December 7, 2017

Frozen to Shredded Crock Pot Chicken

Every time I buy a bag of frozen chicken I cook at least half of it in the crock pot. I shred the chicken and then save it in the freezer for an easy and quick meal. Here is a simple recipe that I use and makes your chicken delicious!

4-6 Frozen Chicken Breasts
1/2 T of Onion Powder or Flakes
1 tsp of Pepper (or to taste)

All you do is place the chicken in first, then the seasonings and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
Now here is a trick that I learned to keep your chicken fresh and flavorful: shred the chicken in the crock pot with all the chicken juice and let cool. Once cool enough for freezer plastic bags scoop the chicken into the bags without draining any excess chicken juice/broth. Adding in the chicken broth to store your chicken will add flavor and prevent it from going dry when reheated. That's all! Delicious and painless chicken meals on the menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment